From: Joshua Baergen <joshuabaergen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Does anyone want|need a static (lib)perl still?
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 04:27:48
1 Drake Wyrm wrote:
2 > Joshua Baergen <joshuabaergen@g.o> wrote:
3 >
4 >> I'm all for less cruft and more simplicity. As far as I know none of
5 >> the Portage tools depend on Perl, so I don't really find a 'nuclear
6 >> fallout has caused dynamic linking to be erratic' situation to be that
7 >> important.
10 > Portage is not the only important system tool. Some of us actually use
11 > Perl. Please do not be with the breaking.
14 My point is that this isn't like the libstdc++ situation.
15
16 Many people have things dependent on Perl, but my impression is not that
17 things would break, but rather that Perl would adhere to the rules of
18 any other dynamically linked library, including breakage from certain
19 upgrades.
20 --
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list