From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Sandboxes
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 08:56:50
1 On Friday 24 March 2006 01:54, Thomas Cort wrote:
2 > > Thoughts on ideas on this somewhat more focussed idea? ( or at least
3 > > I think it's more focused :P )
4 >
5 > Will there be restrictions on what can go into these overlays? There
6 > are some ebuilds that aren't allowed in the main portage tree. One
7 > example is winex-cvs (see
8 > app-emulation/winex-cvs/winex-cvs-3000.ebuild for details). Another
9 > example... an overlay dev could take an existing ebuild that has
10 > RESTRICT="fetch" and modify it to fetch the package directly without
11 > user interaction.
12
13 Things that are not suited for public consumption should not be made
14 public in the first place. This is one reason that I don't think that
15 users should be given the opportunity to create their own gentoo-hosed
16 overlays. I believe that developers could be trusted though to do things
17 properly.
18
19 Paul
22 Paul de Vrieze