From: "Robin H.Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Willing to help...
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 20:08:48
1 On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 11:48:11AM -0600, Matthew Walker wrote:
2 > I'd really really like to get MySQL4 unmasked, and am willing to go well out
3 > of my way to help the process along. Does anyone involved with the work on
4 > MySQL or the reverse-dependencies for portage have anything I can do to
5 > help?
6 MySQL4 itself works fine, we are all aware of that. However after it is
7 installed, many things need to be recompiled as you are aware. Portage
8 needs reverse dependancy support for this to become a reality having
9 people run 'revdep-rebuild' is not the solution (and even that fails in
10 some cases already).
11
12 I do know that more things than MySQL4 are waiting for
13 reverse-dependancies. OpenSSL 0.9.7 is one of them (it requires a MUCH
14 larger rebuild than MySQL does).
15
16 Carpaski would a better person to ask of the current status of
17 reverse-dependancies in portage than myself.
20 Robin Hugh Johnson
21 E-Mail : robbat2@××××××××××××××.net
22 Home Page : http://www.orbis-terrarum.net/?l=people.robbat2
23 ICQ# : 30269588 or 41961639
24 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85