From: Brad Laue <brad@××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] FORK: The Time Is Now
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 12:41:07
1 Peter Johanson wrote:
2 > concrete events as he sees them. All i get from your response is a
3 > blatant dismissal of his opinions and account, with no justification.
4
5 Not to put too fine a point on it, but there is no need to debate an
6 issue of unfulfilled expectations; the fact that this fork was motivated
7 by dissappointment about not having clout is evident once you see the
8 words 'sweat equity investment'.
9
10 This impression is exacerbated by the war cry 'the time is now', as
11 though reference is being made to a sinking ship. It's all in bad taste,
12 and is apparent from the get-go.
13
14 I hope that Zach uses this opportunity to take existing Gentoo
15 technologies in innovative directions, but I'd have to say this could
16 have been executed in a more professional manner.
17
18 Brad
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list