From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Possibility of overriding user defined INSTALL_MASK from an ebuild?
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 14:34:24
1 On 03/01/2014 12:28 AM, Samuli Suominen wrote:
2 > It would be very helpful if INSTALL_MASK could be overriden from an
3 > ebuild, if user hasn't
4 > set otherwise.
5 > So it could be configured like USE_ORDER which is
6 > "env:pkg:conf:defaults:pkginternal:repo:env.d"
7 > So INSTALL_MASK_ORDER like "ebuild:${user's own INSTALL_MASK}"
8 > This would be very helpful in preventing people from shooting themself
9 > in the foot
10 >
11 > The only problem is that I propably don't have enough python skills to
12 > make that happen w/
13 > sys-apps/portage. But does the suggestion make sense? Should I open a
14 > feature request bug?
18 If you're using INSTALL_MASK, isn't it assumed that you're on your own
19 and bugs filed while using it are invalid? Do we have to create
20 REAL_INSTALL_MASK for people that really wanted those files removed anyway?