From: Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk@×××××××.no>
To: Fuper <futurist@×××××××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 1.4beta compliment, complaint, question, suggestion
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 15:26:49
1 On 27 Aug 2002, Fuper wrote:
2
3 > - Put a statement in the install docs that /var/tmp requires a gigabyte
4 > of space. I think that the doc now says mildly that it will use several
5 > hundred megabytes. Most users will assume that 512 MB qualifies as
6 > "several hundred megabytes", but it wasn't enough for me. Say "almost a
7 > gigabyte".
8
9 It really depends on whether you go for stage1, 2 or 3, which and how many
10 packages you install and which useflags you require.
11
12 As stated elsewhere on this list, you "may need 5GB". This uncertainty is
13 a price you have to pay for being able to customize so much. The docs
14 should probably be clearer about that..
15
16 File a bug on it.
19 Kind regards,
20