From: Thilo Bangert <bangert@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] cracklib
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 08:39:04
1 Hi,
2
3 > > oh man - if been looking for this. what other package provides
4 > > /usr/dict/words?
5 >
6 > sys-apps/miscfiles provides /usr/share/words
7 >
8 > I would like to know if it is ok if I replace
9 > gentoo-x86/sys-libs/cracklib with gentoo-ppc/sys-libs/cracklib...
12 i think the idea is very good, but the ebuild needs some cleaning
13
14 1) the ln -s /usr/shar/dict /usr/dict can not be in src_compile - that
15 would among other things be a sandbox violation!
16 if that symlink is necessary, then we would have to wait for a new
17 baselayout to clean that up for us. Az?
18 also use dosym for that.
19
20 2) make all || die
21
22 3) preplib - i have never used that one, but doesn't prelib /usr/lib
23 work?
24
25 4) use dosym for the ln -s - those are sandbox violations again
26
27 now, I am no cracklib expert, so i can not comment on whether it works,
28 but it looks alright...
29
30 > Gentoo PPC's cracklib can be found here:
31 > http://ftp.sunsite.dk/projects/gentooppc/portage/sys-libs/cracklib/
32 >
33 > What we're doing is removing the procompiled dict files in
34 > ${FILESDIR} and have cracklib compile it's own dict files using the
35 > word lists provided by sys-apps/miscfiles.
36 >
37 > Cracklib is a critical ebuild, so I would like some reviewing first.
38 > Anyone care to comment on this?
39
40 it is important that also the sparc gang tests this, but i would expect
41 that this is pretty platform independant...
42 good job there!
45 > Pieter
48 regards
49 Thilo