From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Attracting developers (Re: Packages up for grabs...)
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 22:35:29
1 El dom, 16-12-2012 a las 12:49 -0500, Damien Levac escribió:
2 > I completely agree, myself, I want to become a developer, but since the
3 > information looks so scattered, I decided to wait until summer to have
4 > all the required time to find/read all relevant documentation and
5 > foillow up with the recruitment process (which seems to be somehow
6 > 'non-trivial').
7 >
8 > As an aside, which may or may not reflect the view of other potential
9 > candidates, even though I use git for my personal projects, having to
10 > learn CVS would not be an issue if I'm already willing to learn
11 > everything else. (However, if there is no guarantee that this will be
12 > useful, why is it a requirement in the first place?)
13 >
14 > Damien
15
16 For now, I think you should "simply" go to devmanual:
17 http://devmanual.gentoo.org/
18
19 You will need to read it sooner and later... and I am sure that you will
20 read it faster as you think once you start to read ;)
21
22 Best regards! :)