From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Review: USE=libav news item
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 19:13:51
1 Dnia 2015-01-26, o godz. 07:18:13
2 Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 7:00 AM, Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o> wrote:
5 > > On Mon, 26 Jan 2015 12:37:09 +0100
6 > > Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o> wrote:
7 > >
8 > >> > media-video/mplayer2 or media-video/mpv may be used as a more
9 > >> > modern replacement.
10 > >>
11 > >> Don't recommend mplayer2, afaik it's dead.
12 > >
13 > > Also, I'd drop "modern" from there: I don't see much more modernity in
14 > > those forks except maybe younger maintainers :)
17 > Is there an exhaustive list of packages that don't work with one or
18 > the other? I don't think I've noticed anything I couldn't install for
19 > a lack of libav.
20 >
21 > I suggest just cutting the subjective parts out of the last paragraph:
22 >
23 > Please also note that some packages support only one of the two
24 > implementations. An attempt to install one of those packages will result
25 > in blockers unless the user changes the global USE=libav state. The most
26 > notable example of such package is media-video/mplayer. media-video/mplayer2 or
27 > media-video/mpv may be used as replacements for users who prefer to use libav.
28
29 Thanks, applied your suggestions. Please read now ;).
32 Best regards,
33 Michał Górny

2015-01-yy-USE-libav-introduction.en.txt text/plain