From: Dhruba Bandopadhyay <dhruba@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Omitting binary packages (emerge -e world)
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 12:26:02
1 A. Craig West wrote:
2 > On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, Dhruba Bandopadhyay wrote:
5 >>AFAIK this has not been done yet so I thought I would ask about it.
6 >>Usually, during emerge -e world all packages are recompiled including
7 >>binary packages which require no compilation. However, it would be nice
8 >>if all binary packages were omitted from emerge -e world so only those
9 >>from source are included. That way, time and resources are saved and only
10 >>those packages affected by new compiler or compiler settings are
11 >>recompiled. How about it?
14 > On the other hand, when the last time I had to emerge -e world, it was because
15 > I was recovering from severe disk corruption, and I wanted ALL packages
16 > to be redone. The binary packages don't really take long anyways, because they
17 > don't really compile.
20 Hmm. That's a good point and a good reason to include bins. Well,
21 injected packages should be omitted anyway.
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list