From: Mike Pagano <mpagano@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo-sources - should we stable?
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2015 21:53:22
1 On Saturday, January 03, 2015 12:39:39 AM Mikle Kolyada wrote:
2 > 02.01.2015 20:25, Mike Pagano пишет:
3 > > This is in no way complaining about how long it takes to stabilize a
4 > > kernel.
5 > As for this fact.
6 >
7 > <hat type="arch teams developer">
8 >
9 > The main problem is that: we only can test sources on machine we can
10 > reboot. For example me and Agostino
11 > have access to the rest hardware like alpha, ia64 and so on. But we
12 > can't reboot it for clear reason i think.
13 > Another side is that: not all hardware i have around can use
14 > gentoo-sources, so it works with custom kernels.
15 >
16 > </hat>
17
18 Mikle,
19
20 Let me reiterate. This should be in no way interpreted as an attack on the
21 arch teams. I'm getting more and more constrained by life and slacking like
22 crazy, so I would never complain about the amount of time other volunteers put
23 into this distribution.
24
25 AFAIC, you definitely don't need to defend the arch teams whom I respect and
26 whose efforts I greatly appreciate.
27
28 Mike
31 Mike Pagano
32 Gentoo Developer - Kernel Project
33 Team Lead - Gentoo Sources
34 E-Mail : mpagano@g.o
35 GnuPG FP : EEE2 601D 0763 B60F 848C 9E14 3C33 C650 B576 E4E3
36 Public Key : http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=0xB576E4E3&op=index