From: Bart Verwilst <verwilst@g.o>
To: Florian Dittmer <florian.dittmer@××××××××××.net>, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] CD Record / CDRTools 1.11.x vs. 1.10
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 19:22:45
1 On Saturday 19 October 2002 16:47, Florian Dittmer wrote:
2 || Hi,
3 ||
4 || I just wanted to point out that not all frontends work with current
5 || alpha version of CDRecord/CDRTools, because of some Syntax changes since
6 || v 1.10.
7 ||
8 || Example application is "arson", an KDE application. It passes parameters
9 || to cdda2wav which cause v1.11.x-cdda2wav to fail.
10 ||
11 || There is no ebuild for the current stable 1.10 of cdrecord, I suggest to
12 || add at least a script for that version, if not masking the newer
13 || versions at all. But I guess before doing that we might look if other
14 || current frontends are affected.
15 ||
16 || To install cdrecord 1.10 I just got a copy of the latest 1.11.x ebuild
17 || and changes three lines:
18
19 Nearly all apps work with the 1.11.x series, which work very well.
20 The arson dev should make his app compatible with it imo, since all other apps
21 have done it successfully..
22 --
23 Bart Verwilst
24 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team