From: Gustavo Felisberto <humpback@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites for net-misc/ssh
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 15:59:59
1 Stuart Herbert wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > On 7/11/06, Gustavo Felisberto <humpback@g.o> wrote:
5 >> I'm removing net-misc/ssh from the tree as Tectia no longer provides a
6 >> "free"
7 >> version of they're ssh client and server. The last update to this
8 >> package was
9 >> one year and half so I'm a bit afraid of security issues that might
10 >> exist that
11 >> were not reported.
12 >
13 > Have you tried contacting them, and asking them for a license for
14 > their product, so that you can provide an ebuild for the non-free
15 > version?
16 >
17 > Best regards,
18 > Stu
19
20 Yes i tried that about a year and a half, and the reply was they were not
21 interested.
26 Gustavo Felisberto
27 (HumpBack)
28 Web: http://dev.gentoo.org/~humpback
29 Blog: http://blog.felisberto.net/
31 It's most certainly GNU/Linux, not Linux. Read more at
32 http://www.gnu.org/gnu/why-gnu-linux.html .