From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] global useflags
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 17:57:43
1 >>>>> On Sat, 3 Jan 2009, Markus Meier wrote:
2
3 > my proposals:
4
5 > xft: Build with support for XFT font renderer (x11-libs/libXft)
6
7 +1
8
9 BTW, why do we have a virtual/xft? Is this a leftover from the times
10 of monolithic X?
11
12 > And the special case, which probably needs some discussion is the
13 > gsm flag. 7 out of 9 packages use it as a dep of media-sound/gsm,
14 > the other two depend on sys-apps/pcsc-lite ("Add support for EAP-SIM
15 > authentication algorithm").
16 > The question is, whether we should create the global useflag for the
17 > seven packages and leave the pcsc-lite packages as they are (as we
18 > "allow" overriding since we have local useflag descriptions in
19 > metadata.xml), or preferably rename the useflag for the two
20 > pcsc-lite packages.
21
22 If the flags have completely different meanings, then they should have
23 different names.
24
25 Ulrich