From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] KDE packages/categories and subcategories
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 14:15:05
1 On Wednesday 08 August 2001 23:05, you wrote:
2 > On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 10:53:23PM +0300, Dan Armak wrote:
3 > > > There are many hundreds if not thousands of
4 > > > apps registered on apps.kde.com, in 20+ categories.
5 > >
6 > > I checked; there are 1,071 apps.
7 >
8 > I just talked to Hallski, the Desktop Team Leader, and he will be
9 > reorganizing the gnome-* and kde-* categories. kde-apps, gnome-apps and
10 > gnome-libs will go away and the displaced ebuilds will be incorporated into
11 > the remaining categories. In other words, gnome office apps will go in
12 > app-office, etc. So, problem resolved.
13
14 So, this is Solution 3 on my list - the freebsd lookalike.
15
16 I suppose we'll have to make a script to change /var/db/pkg to reflect this
17 change. Otherwise pre-installed packages won't be able to satisfy
18 dependencies.
19
20 Also, to be consistent with this, shouldn't kde-base, kde-libs, gnome-base be
21 joined as x11-de (for desktop environments) or x11-wm?
27 Dan Armak
28 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team
29 Matan, Israel