From: Christel Dahlskjaer <christel@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] [Fwd: Project Sunrise - Update.]
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 01:37:10
1 It would help if I wasn't prematurely hitting send eh?
2 The log can be found attached to this e-mail, Sorry!
3
4 -------- Forwarded Message --------
5 > From: Christel Dahlskjaer <christel@g.o>
6 > To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
7 > Subject: Project Sunrise - Update.
8 > Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 03:26:30 +0100
9 >
10 > Hi,
11 > We held a meeting earlier this evening between User Relations, Project
12 > Sunrise, brix and kloeri (unfortunately wolf31o2 was unable to attend)
13 > to discuss the current and future direction of Project Sunrise. The
14 > Sunrise developers felt that they were unable to change the format of
15 > the project in such a way as to address the objections and concerns held
16 > by other developers and projects, but have instead agreed to remove the
17 > project page from the Gentoo website and mkove it to an entirely
18 > unofficial, unsupported project. If the overlay seems to keep a
19 > reasonable level of quality control then interested users can of course
20 > be referred there should they require an ebuild not available in the
21 > main tree, but on the understanding that it is completely unsupported by
22 > Gentoo.
23 >
24 > In the meantime, other developers will explore the possibility of
25 > promoting and extending work on proxy-maintainership of packages within
26 > the tree as a way to improve the management of packages in the tree
27 > which no developer is able to maintain properly. Most people felt that
28 > this would help solve the most pressing problems that Sunrise attempts
29 > to address, while allowing the unofficial Sunrise to continue to work
30 > towards its other aims.
31 >
32 > Please ignore any noise in the log, I'm afraid it is the entire log of
33 > the 24hours of the day and thus may contain some off-topic chit chat at
34 > the start and finish.
35 >
36 > Kind Regards,
37 > Christel Dahlskjaer

#gentoo-userrel-meeting.06-24.log x-directory/normal
signature.asc application/pgp-signature