From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] libpng 1.6 upgrade and subslotting (and misuse of subslotting when there is also normal slotting)
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2013 15:02:35
1 On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 10:33 AM, Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Fri, 05 Apr 2013 22:18:22 -0400
3 > Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o> wrote:
6 >> Revbump -- very important in this case, as the slot-operator dep
7 >> (iirc) does not take effect to allow sub-slot-triggered until after a
8 >> version with the slot-operator has been emerged.
9 >>
10 >> So we want users to re-emerge packages either at the same time
11 >> libpng-1.6 hits the tree, or beforehand so that they will be triggered
12 >> for rebuild when libpng-1.6 hits.
16 > so we force two rebuilds instead of one ?
19 Well, ideally you would do it in conjunction with a version bump
20 rather than a revbump.
21
22 But failing that, a revbump for an EAPI + dependency change seems like
23 the safest option.