From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] How to support C++11 in libraries?
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 17:47:26
1 On 19 December 2013 06:33, Jan Kundrát <jkt@g.o> wrote:
2 > I'm worried by the cost of such a policy, though, because we would suddenly
3 > have to patch some unknown amount of software
6 Given the nature that changing that CXX Flag globally for all users
7 could cause many packages to spontaneously fail to build, wouldn't
8 that imply that changing that flag would essentially be de-stabilizing
9 the whole tree, and a package being (arch) would no longer be an
10 indication of sane, tested behaviour?
11
12 This is really the perk of the USE driven process, the granular
13 piecemeal approach that does only as much as necessary, without
14 changing things that are already stable.
17 Kent