From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Please guys use checkpath in init scripts
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 18:50:54
1 On Monday 07 January 2013 15:52:40 Alec Warner wrote:
2 > On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 8:30 AM, Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
3 > > I just gave a quick look at the init scripts installed on the tinderbox,
4 > > and the amount of them that use mkdir to create the directories in /run
5 > > and similar is astounding.
6 > >
7 > > Please check `man runscript` and use the checkpath helper instead.
8 >
9 > Is mkdir ever legal? can we just blacklist it?
10
11 for /run ? not really. might be a useful repoman check to add, but we
12 shouldn't be disallowing arbitrary shell commands in init.d scripts since
13 anyone can write their own.
14 -mike