From: Sami Samhuri <sami@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Blog GLEP
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 19:28:18
1 * It was Sun, Aug 15, 2004 at 11:42:28PM +0200 when Carsten Lohrke said:
2 >
3 > On Sunday 15 August 2004 23:16, Alexander Plank wrote:
4 > > The blogs wouldn't need to be about socks or anything personal. Take a
5 > > look at these blogs:
6 >
7 > Um, this wasn't the request to send me example urls. I know what a blog is. I
8 > still don't see the purpose. It's always the view point of a single
9 > individual, which is pretty uninteresting in the long run. It's like having
10 > subscribed a newspaper and reading only the articles from a single author.
11
12 What about a blog like the Xfce devs have? It's just one page where all
13 the devs post. (http://xfce.org/blog)
14
15 Obviously (if there is interest) since Gentoo is a larger project one
16 blog would be too messy, but maybe a blog per herd or something along
17 those lines would be appropriate.
18
19 > And no, I don't have the time or interest to read multiple blogs.
20
21 Considering how busy the devs are, I don't think you would see many of
22 them posting more than once or twice a week.
25 Sami Samhuri