From: James Le Cuirot <chewi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] net-misc/r8168 up for grabs
Date: Thu, 09 May 2019 19:48:10
1 I no longer have a motherboard with this hardware. Towards the end I
2 found that the mainline r8169 driver worked anyway, even though it
3 didn't used to. There are still some revisions of the hardware that
4 don't work with the mainline driver.
5
6 The package is fairly low maintenance. The driver sometimes breaks
7 following new kernel releases but Realtek usually put out a new driver
8 by the time the next release comes around. You can sometimes find
9 patches floating around the community before that.
10
11 I sent out this request a couple of years ago but didn't get a reply.
12 Hoping I can find someone this time before I mark it maintainer-needed.
15 James Le Cuirot (chewi)
16 Gentoo Linux Developer