From: James Le Cuirot <chewi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: EAPI 4 deprecated & ban
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 17:08:12
1 On Sun, 16 Aug 2015 09:52:06 -0700
2 Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > What's the best way to get rid of deprecated ebuilds?
5 >
6 > Do we just wait for their maintainers to migrate them or should they
7 > be sought out and flagged? I'm pondering searching for EAPI 0
8 > ebuilds and filing bug reports on them.
9
10 mrueg has made an effort to identify these.
11
12 http://dev.gentoo.org/~mrueg/eapi/
13
14 He periodically pesters Java team, who are the worst offenders. We've
15 been concentrating on EAPI 1 because that is the one that is closest to
16 being closed out. It's admittedly not our highest priority though and
17 I'd prefer that you didn't file bugs. It's not like we're unaware of
18 them.
21 James Le Cuirot (chewi)
22 Gentoo Linux Developer