From: Jaco Kroon <jaco@××××××.za>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Revival of Gentoo BugDay: everyone is welcome to come debug
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2020 10:55:19
1 Hi,
2
3 Can we possibly include the concept of "helping to file bug reports" here?
4
5 For example, I've got an issue (which hasn't annoyed me just quite
6 enough yet to put effort in) where on bootup after xdm init script
7 starts it takes ~2 minutes before slim login is displayed.  But I don't
8 know enough of the workings of that to even understand if this is an
9 Xorg or slim (or dbus) bug ...
10
11 Guessing #gentoo may also be of help in regards to the above, so this is
12 really just a suggestion.  Yes, it will generate more bugs, but
13 hopefully the concept will allow for creating targeted bugs rather than
14 overly generic difficult to trouble-shoot bugs.
15
16 Kind Regards,
17 Jaco
18