From: Sebastian Pipping <webmaster@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Add operator + for licenses (EAPI-4 ?)
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 00:14:48
1 Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 > IMHO the main disadvantage is that ebuilds would have to be converted
3 > to EAPI-4 for this,
4
5 Why do they _have_ to? I understand that it's optional and that we can
6 take time with it until a new license (e.g. GPL-4) arrives.
7 Also, scripts/tools can help with the transition.
10 > which is quite an effort for a very small
11 > improvement.
12
13 - It's reducing future maintenance costs on new license arrival
14 - It's adding clarity and allows us to express the actual license
15 of "GPL 2 or later" packages much better.
16 - It increases chances of correct labeling of future ebuilds
21 Sebastian