From: Caleb Cushing <xenoterracide@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Global USE flags (Was: mplayer global use flag)
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 03:10:13
1 >And that's the problem - the user doesn't know what benefit will it
2 >bring her to use or not use a global USE flag for this particular
3 >package.
4
5 yeah and it would be really nice to know these.
6
7 I just thought of another useful feature. a flag for emerge that
8 assumes --verbose but defines what the use flag's do. maybe we could
9 have one similar to lspci? where -vv is more verbose that just -v.
10
11 thx Mart for giving a better example than me. because I couldn't come
12 up with a good one at the time.
13 --
14 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list