From: James Le Cuirot <chewi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] as-needed patch for ltmain.sh
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2018 11:07:06
1 On Thu, 1 Feb 2018 11:55:46 +0100
2 Andreas Fink <finkandreas@×××.de> wrote:
3
4 > Hello,
5 > I have a question to the patch provided by the package
6 > app-portage/elt-patches, namely the file as-needed/2.4.3
7 >
8 > Here I can see the following being added to ltmain.sh:
9 > + -Wl,--as-needed|-Wl,--no-as-needed)
10 > + deplibs="$deplibs $arg"
11 > + continue
12 > + ;;
13 > +
14 >
15 > In my understanding the order must be the opposite otherwise it has no
16 > effect to $deplibs, i.e. the line should be deplibs="$arg $deplibs".
17
18 It's been like that in every version of the patch so it's probably like
19 that for a reason though I don't know what that reason is. This is
20 interesting as I gather the whole reason for the patch is that an
21 unpatched libtool inserts the flag in the wrong place.
24 James Le Cuirot (chewi)
25 Gentoo Linux Developer