From: Sean Johnson <sean@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] make line w/ the 2.6.x kernels
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 16:28:38
1 On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 11:21, Robert Cole wrote:
2 > Just curious what everyone is using for a make line with the new kernel.
3 >
4 > In 2.4 mine was straight out of the gentoo docs:
5 >
6 > make dep && make clean bzImage modules modules_install
7 >
8 > With 2.6 I made only one change and took out the dep because it's not needed
9 > anymore:
10 >
11 > make && make clean bzImage modules modules_install
12 >
13 > It just seems watching the compile like the clean isn't needed either but I'm
14 > not sure. Seems like it does something twice with the clean in there.
15 >
16 > 2.6 compiles and works fine with the above line it's just the compile times
17 > seems a bit long.
18
19 I use make && make modules_install
20