From: "Diego \\\"Flameeyes\\\" Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GTK und GTK2 Use Flag
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 08:46:14
1 On Wednesday 30 March 2005 01:13, foser wrote:
2 > (altough if people actually read the USE flag descriptions it
3 > wouldn't be half the issue)
4 Actually, I had troubles with it also if I had read the descrition:
5
6 | gtk2 - Use gtk+-2.0.0 over gtk+-1.2 in cases where a program supports both.
7
8 It never says "Needs gtk useflag enabled if present.", and it made me think
9 "well this enable gtk2 if an app has both... if one has only gtk2 it will
10 probably be enabled by gtk"... but... packages with both gtk AND gtk2 have
11 needs both useflag (and doesn't throw a warn line about it, either).
12
13 From an user point of view, this is complicated...
14
15 Also, as Brian already said, there's no plans in the future to be able to
16 build everything with gtk2.. also wxGTK is still experimental with gtk2
17 support, and wxGTK will add gtk/gtk2 useflags to everything uses wxWindows
18 for the future.. and there are quite many packages which uses it.
19
20 Maybe a three-way selection could be used?
21
22 gtk? ( gtk1? ( )
23 gtk2? ( )
24 )
25
26 This way one could disable all gtk, only gtk1, only gtk2, or enable all.
29 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
30 http://wwwstud.dsi.unive.it/~dpetteno/