From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 20:48:23
1 On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 09:17:05AM +1200, Kent Fredric wrote:
2 > A nice approach I recently saw to this problem on another mailing list
3 > was they had somebody who *could* manually remove people from mailing
4 > lists,
5 > and they'd respond with something along the lines of "We've done this
6 > for you now, but if anyone wants to do this, just email ...
7 > blahblahblah+unsubscribe themselves".
8 >
9 > That makes the effort less for the person requesting removal, and
10 > reduces their margin of error.
11 >
12 > Whether or not gentoo can/wants to do the same, eh.
13 >
14 > Just when I saw it I though "Nice, this is waaay better then the
15 > standard 'you did wrong, try again' ".
16 Infra (at least me) _does_ do this, I just hadn't gotten to this
17 listmail yet, and I see that Tyler already removed himself.
18
19 We also flag all mails with the subject of 'unsubcribe' for moderation,
20 as they are usually people trying to remove themselves.
23 Robin Hugh Johnson
24 Gentoo Linux: Dev, Infra Lead, Foundation Trustee & Treasurer
25 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
26 GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85
27 GnuPG FP : 7D0B3CEB E9B85B1F 825BCECF EE05E6F6 A48F6136