From: Tim Harder <radhermit@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] tagging deprecated eclasses internally
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2020 20:58:58
1 On 2020-09-26 Sat 05:23, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 > IIUC the authoritative document for eclass documentation is the
3 > description of the format in the eclass-to-manpage.awk script, so this
4 > would be a good start to add support for a new tag.
5
6 Initial awk implementation available at [1], but currently only supports
7 showing eclass deprecation replacement/message even though all tag
8 groups are supported. I'm open to ideas for how variable/function
9 deprecation tag info should be formatted for manpages.
10
11 The tag syntax is currently the following:
12
13 # @DEPRECATED: <optional; replacement ("none" for no replacement)>
14 # <optional deprecation message>
15
16 This could be simplified to a single line if we want to force the usage
17 of @DESCRIPTION for additional deprecation info, but I think splitting
18 long deprecation info out is helpful.
19
20 [1]: https://github.com/mgorny/eclass-to-manpage/pull/4