From: Dominic Leland <domlau@××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Grub can't load my menu.1st
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 00:09:09
1 Well, I got my Gentoo installation almost perfectly. One of the only problems I have left is that, although I followed the Grub instructions to the letter, Grub hasn't been loading my menu.1st file.
2
3 I did the file exactly to the specifications of the install instructions, but I still have to manually enter in the commands. I put the file, according to the directions, in my /boot/boot/grub directory. I've thought of putting it all over the place (/boot, /boot/boot, and / as well as /boot/boot/grub) in an effort to try to cover my bases. I would rather see what people here think.
4
5 At the very least, this will help pound into me the grub syntax so I can quit being lilo-centric.
6
7 Thaks everyone.
8
9 Dominic Leland