From: Nick Jones <carpaski@g.o>
To: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@×××××××××××××××××××.net>
Cc: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] portage without portage
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 16:37:54
1 > I think I'll just stick with what I know. For now, I'm just doing 'emerge
2 > info | grep USE' to get a complete list of USE flags. As for the DEPEND
3 > line, I'm using a regex to extract each item, although its not going too
4 > well.
5
6 You can't do it that way. Portage does a lot of calculations based on
7 things like virtuals, inherited-values, and eclasses. USE flags also
8 have the potential to change during dep calculation due to binary
9 package restrictions and eventually USE requirements as well.
10
11 The way you're getting USE is ok for single packages.
12
13 The DEPEND info isn't right. DEPEND, RDEPEND, and PDEPEND all can vary
14 inside of an eclass, and depending upon if they are unset, empty, or
15 set, they can affect the final output.
16
17 --NJ
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list