From: Corvus Corax <corvusvcorax@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] strange gcc 3.1 mod_php and libgd / libpng issue
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 18:58:43
1 I dont want to bother anyone but i had a problem and i dunno if its a bug / reproducable or just bad luck:
2
3 with libpng-1.2.4
4
5 the gdlib functions ImagecreatefromPNG(); and ImagePNG(); in a php script via apache and mod_php dont work.
6
7 strange thing is, there is no error message and phpinfo reports that php wouls support pngs since png support is compiled in.
8
9 the php script returns NO data, not even if there should be debug / error messages before the usage of ImageCreatefromPNG
10
11 with libpng-1.0.12-r1 everything works fine
12
13 i checked other versions of gdlib and mod_php, too which had the same bug
14 always everything compiled fine and started without error messages.
15
16 is this a known elder bug? or is it my gcc 3.1?
17
18 maybe mod_php should have an depend <=libpng-1.0.12 somewhere in it from now on, but i dont know what causes this error, if its the gcc, it should be checked gcc dependent.
19
20 can anyone try to reproduce this bug, or tell if its allready known? maybe it should be posted to the bug reports, if reproducable.
21
22 Corvus V Corax