From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: OSS-QM again ...
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 19:27:24
1 * Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> schrieb:
2
3 > FWIW, you (Enrico) might get more traction if you go a more "official"
4 > route. Do the whole FLOSS PR bulletin thing, announcing thru LWN,
5 > LinuxMag, LXer, etc. Slashdot and the like wouldn't be bad, either.
6
7 Thanks for the tip, but I'm not actually good at PR and lacking
8 time for that ;-o
9
10 I better concetrate on talking directly to responsible people.
11 For example, when posting my changes to upstream, I point them
12 to the git repo/ref instead of text-based patches and add some
13 notes about the oss-qm project.
14
15 > Get a couple projects using it and it may well take itself from there.
16
17 That's actually the intention of this thread ;-p
18
19 > I mean, what would it look like if Gentoo did start using it, and
20 > then it got compromised somehow?
21
22 My ideology that distro people (eg. from Gentoo) not just use it
23 (as dumb downstream), but instead actively take part in it.
26 cu
27 --
29 Enrico Weigelt, metux IT service -- http://www.metux.de/
30
31 phone: +49 36207 519931 email: weigelt@×××××.de
32 mobile: +49 151 27565287 icq: 210169427 skype: nekrad666
34 Embedded-Linux / Portierung / Opensource-QM / Verteilte Systeme