From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Review: news item and script for CPU_FLAGS_X86
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 11:41:11
1 On Sat, 24 Jan 2015 00:35:39 +0100
2 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Title: CPU_FLAGS_X86 introduction
5 > Author: Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o>
6 > Content-Type: text/plain
7 > Posted: 2015-01-xx
8 > Revision: 1
9 > News-Item-Format: 1.0
10 > Display-If-Keyword: amd64 ~amd64 x86 ~x86
11
12 but.... why ?
13 will you write another news item for other arches ?
16 > When in doubt, please consult the profiles/desc/cpu_flags_x86.desc
17 > file available in the Gentoo repository checkout.
18
19 usually we don't point people at reading profiles or ebuilds
20 directly; maybe 'equery uses' ?
21
22 > Most of the flag
23 > names match /proc/cpuinfo names, with the notable exception of SSE3
24 > which is called 'pni' in /proc/cpuinfo (please also do not confuse it
25 > with distinct SSSE3).
26
27 IMHO this is too much into details but I don't really mind.
30 Alexis.