From: "Matthias B." <msbREMOVE-THIS@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] debianutils: system worthy ?
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 20:42:45
1 On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 19:59:39 +0200 Petteri Räty <betelgeuse@g.o>
2 wrote:
3
4 > Krzysiek Pawlik kirjoitti:
5 > > Yuri Vasilevski wrote:
6 > >> I would say drop it from system and add to RDEPEND in kernel-2.eclass
7 > >> for ${ETYPE} == sources.
8 > >
9 > > IMHO that's a bad idea - everybody use some kernel sources, but not
10 > > everybody runs `make install'. I'm for dropping debianutils from
11 > > system.
14 > BSD, prefix etc. I would say breaking make install is worse than
15 > requiring people to keep debianutils installed. They can just use
16 > package.provided if they want to get rid of it.
17
18 What's wrong with making it an optional dependency? Something like a
19 useflag
20
21 makeinstall - Set this if you use 'make install' to install your kernels.
22
23 which would trigger the dependency. That way, both groups of people have
24 their way without breaking dependencies, right?
25
26 MSB
29 You know that you're lonely when you start laughing at your own jokes.
32 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list