From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] News item: GCC 6 defaults to USE="pie ssp"
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 12:53:41
1 Mike Gilbert schrieb:
2 > I disagree. We might want to default the "pie" USE flag differently
3 > depending on the profile, but there's no need to force it.
4
5 I think we should force the pie USE flag on/off depending on the profile.
6
7 My proposal:
8 For all profiles except hardened, introduce a pie/nopie variant.
9 Deprecate the nopie profiles once enough packages build successfully
10 (maybe request a tinderbox run?)
11 In the profile depreciation message, point to a document how to migrate
12 to pie.
13
14 Setting pie default depending on GCC version is not a good idea IMO.
15
16 Best regards,
17 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn