From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Repoman and GPG signing in portage
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 09:39:31
1 Folks --
2
3 See below for an excerpt from an email that Nick sent regarding GPG signing
4 in portage. Especially note his comments about comments/bugs about
5 repoman.
6
7 At some point (hopefully in the near future), we *will* start enforcing
8 use of repoman (on the server side if necessary). Thus, if you have
9 comments/complaints/criticisms about it, now is the time to mention them.
10 (NOTE: please see below about the proper places to mention them -- whinging
11 on this thread is not one of them)
12
13 --kurt
14
15 ----- Forwarded message from Nick Jones <carpaski@g.o> -----
16
17 GPG signing is something that puggy is/was supposed to be working on.
18 I've heard very little on this, and it's a second priority to security.
19 In order for this to have any effect we need 100% usage of repoman
20 and that is no where near happening. Problems and complaints with
21 repoman NEED TO BE MENTIONED to dev-portage and have bugs posted
22 for us to fix them as opposed to the current/normal trend of just
23 not using repoman.
24
25 ----- End forwarded message -----