From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] cvs+overlay script?
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 22:31:49
1 On my laptop I have both a local portage tree populated by rsync (which
2 I update fairly frequently), and a cvs tree that I only update when I
3 need to work on an ebuild that I maintain. What I've been doing when I
4 need to hack on an ebuild (such as dev-python/quixote, for example), is
5 I temporarily connect my portage overlay to the appropriate part of my
6 cvs tree via "mkdir -p /usr/local/portage/dev-python && ln -s
7 /path/to/gentoo-x86/dev-python/quixote
8 /usr/local/portage/dev-python/quixote && cd
9 /usr/local/portage/dev-python/quixote && cvs up -dP". After I get the
10 new ebuild fixed and committed, I zap the symlink in my overlay.
11
12 So, am I the only person working in this fashion? If not, has anybody
13 already written an elegant script to handle all of the directory
14 creation and linking? If so, should we get that script added to
15 gentoolkit-dev?
16
17 My not-so-bright thoughts for the day...,
18 g2boojum