From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] combining x86 and amd64
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 01:41:05
1 Christian Parpart wrote: [Thu Sep 01 2005, 05:45:43PM CDT]
2 > This just leads me to assume you're not really a coder (wrt native
3 > programming languages like C/C++), are you?
4
5 *Grin* This sort of condescending attitude is rarely wise when it comes
6 to dealing with Gentoo devs. Not only does it tend to annoy people
7 (yes, I'm a tad annoyed by the presumption), but since you're still
8 relatively new here the odds are that people know the person you're
9 being condescending to better than they know you, and thus it just makes
10 you look bad if you're wrong. Feel free to ask people what I do for a
11 living, and whether they suspect that I know the difference between a
12 64-bit pointer and a 32-bit int.
13
14 Best,
15 g2boojum
16 --
17 Grant Goodyear
18 Gentoo Developer
19 g2boojum@g.o
20 http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum
21 GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76