From: Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk@g.o>
To: "Sven Köhler" <skoehler@×××.de>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] when will java 1.5 be unmasked?
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 00:47:56
1 On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 03:37:02AM +0200, Sven Köhler wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > java 1.5 is currently masked. I can imagine why: is it because they
5 > changes the source- and target-version defaults?
6
7 It's also because it's still not marked stable upstream.
8
9 > Well, i know that _many_ Makefiles don't specify the source- and
10 > target-version, so they need to be patched. Have you already started
11 > with that work?
12
13 Yes. But it's slow going. You are free to help out by testing all our Java
14 ebuilds with 1.5, and see which do not compile:)
15
16 -- Karl T
17
18 PS. Join gentoo-java@l.g.o for more interesting Java on Gentoo