From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Completed livecd-stage2 build
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 19:57:08
1 I finally got the build to work.
2
3 After applying the fix I mentioned in my last message, I discovered that
4 catalyst emerges genkernel every time stage2 is run into its chrooted
5 environment. This meant that, to get it to work, I had to start the
6 livecd-stage2 build, wait till it had emerged genkernel, then copy the fixed
7 busybox tarball into the build directory before genkernel started to build
8 it. This is a major kludge, but fortunately is only necessary until
9 genkernel includes a fix for the busybox build problem.
10
11 I'm copying the .iso to my workstation, and will try it once that's done and
12 I can burn a CD.
13
14 One other thing I've noticed: The .iso is 119 MB. This seems comparatively
15 large, as the 1.4-test1 Alpha LiveCD is 39 MB. I probably need to tell it to
16 remove more stuff. Suggestions are welcome.
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list