From: Rashidul Amin <ramin@××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] chroot in x86 install
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 01:13:59
1 When I'm trying to do the code listing 17 according to the x86install documentation (the last stage before which I build the system), it's giving me an "invalid instruction" feedback.
2 after doing tar -xvjpf /mnt/cdrom/stage?-*.tbz2
3 I did the following
4 # mount -o bind /proc /mnt/gentoo/proc
5 # cp /etc/resolv.conf /mnt/gentoo/etc/resolv.conf (according to code listin 16/17)
6 Everything was fine uptill this point.
7 After this though, when I typed in
8 chroot /mnt/gentoo /bin/bash
9 the feedback was
10 "invalid instruction"
11 Since I couldn't do it, I would assume it won't let me do env-update either. I tried it anyway and yes it couldn't find any such command. I'm stuck with my installation at that level. Please please help.
12 Thanks,
17 Rashidul Amin
18 Knox College Campus Box 278
19 2 East South Street
20 Galesburg, IL 61401
21 United States
22 Phone: 309-341-8250 (Delta Theta Sigma Nu)