From: "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Facilitating user contributed ebuilds (Was: [gentoo-dev] The future of the Sunrise project)
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2016 09:45:46
1 On 09/06/16 10:37, Alexander Berntsen wrote:
2 > On 08/06/16 16:39, Zac Medico wrote:
3 > > The first obstacle that comes to my mind is how to discover the
4 > > packages. There needs to be a central index of repositories which
5 > > includes searchable metadata for all of the packages provided by
6 > > those repositories. It will be something like gpo.zugaina.org, with
7 > > the ability to download the whole database, and update the local
8 > > copy incrementally.
9 > This falls under the tooling side of things, and I agree that it is
10 > very useful.
11 >
12 We should be thinking about bringing the gpo.zugaina.org under the
13 Gentoo umbrella .. it -is- a *very* useful resource, and should belong
14 with the main sites, perhaps with a refactorage of the 'overlays.g.o' site?!
15
16 Btw, your key is showing up as expired, Alex.