From: Daniel Goller <morfic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Summary of PPC team meeting
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 16:36:34
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 21:34:02 +0100 Lars Weiler <pylon@g.o> wrote:
3 > | That means, we will work an a common-profile with sub-profiles for ppc
4 > | and ppc64. A first target-date would be the 2005.1 release. The
5 > | masterplan[tm] for the team-merge should be presented at the next
6 > | meeting (in about four weeks).
7 >
8 > Is the ultimate aim a merged keyword like we did for sparc64 + sparc32
9 > -> sparc? If so, please don't use manson's script :)
10 >
11 > It'd be nice to see x86/amd64 going this way as well. I mean, we can fit
12 > mips under one keyword, and there's far more difference there than there
13 > is between a 386 and an opteron.
14 >
15 and i still can't see how amd64 devs would like to be lost in the void
16 that we call x86