From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Automagic pax-mark
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2013 12:30:16
1 Mike Gilbert schrieb:
2 >> After recent changes in dev-lang/v8 and related ebuilds, the pax-mark call no
3 >> longer has a || die. This means that the resulting binaries may have PT_PAX,
4 >> XATTR_PAX, both or neither markings depending on kernel configuration,
5 >> filesystem and mount options.
6 >>
7 >> I'd say that is not a good thing. If you agree with me, what could be done
8 >> here? Have pax-mark die in the eclass or mandate || die in ebuilds? This
9 >> would probably require pax-mark calls to be conditional on pax_kernel USE
10 >> flag or similar.
11 >>
12 > Most ebuilds do not call pax-mark || die. Most people do not run PaX
13 > systems, so a failure here is not a major issue.
14
15 I agree that not having the pax-mark is not a significant problem
16 currently. It could become one when PaX becomes more widespread, but
17 that is not likely in the near term.
18
19 What I think is bad is the automagic aspect of enabling pax-mark.
22 Best regards,
23 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn