From: "Chad M. Huneycutt" <chad.huneycutt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] echo during src_install (numlockx ebuild)
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 13:38:49
1 Jacob Perkins wrote:
2 > I've got an ebuild for numlockx and I'd like to append a couple lines to
3 > the end of Xsetup0 in /etc/X11/xdm. This seems like something that
4 > should be done in src_install to enable config file protection. If I'm
5 > in src_install, though, I of course cannot edit files not in the
6 > package, so I was trying to copy Xsetup0 into the source dir, edit it,
7 > then doins it back, but I kept getting denied by sandbox.
8
9 I don't know what the policy is for reading files from the file system, but
10 they may be denied. If that is the case, then you probably need to either
11 set up a pkg_config (see php ebuild) routine that the user has to manually
12 execute, or print out a message at the end of the ebuild (see the latest
13 openssh ebuild for examples).
18 Chad Huneycutt try { Windows }
19 Ph.D. Student catch ( Exception BSOD )
20 Georgia Tech College of Computing { linux };
21 http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~chadh