From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo on VMWare - few ideas
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 00:38:09
1 On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 16:32:55 +0900
2 Kalin KOZHUHAROV <kalin@××××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > What is it worth:
5 > For windoze people it will be a great way to experience/play
6 > with Gentoo
7
8 Where is the big difference to booting a livecd in vmware? Ok, you can
9 write to the disk (image), but I don't think that alone is worth it.
10
11 > For the challengers, using hardmasked-and-brake-my-gentoo
12 > ebuilds in a nice snadbox will be easy
13
14 untar a stage3 (or stage4 if you want) tarball, chroot.
15
16 > Just a quick preview of the next release or any other feature
17 > bug
18
19 See first comment.
20
21 Marius
26 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
27 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.
28 --
29 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list