From: Christian Axelsson <smiler@××××××××××.nu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] New adduser and deluser features suggestions
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 18:48:23
1 I was told to post this as a new bug (and so have I done :), but I want all members here to see this as well, maybe someone can give more suggestions and comments on it this way :)
4 This is the features I would like to see in a new adduser (and deluser) package:
5
6 adduser
7 =======
8 A configuration-file to set the following options:
9 * Default shell
10 * Default home
11 * Location of /etc/skel
12 * First and last UID to be used when adding new users
13 * Permissions on home
14 * A quota template to be applied on the new user
15 * Letterhomes (ie. for user foo, create /home/f/foo)
16 * Grouphomes (ie. for user foo that has office as default group, create /home/office/user)
17 * Usergroups (put all new users in this group instead of creating a new group for each user, this group needs to be changeable)
18
19 deluser
21 A configuration-file to set the following options:
22 * Whether to or not to remove a users homedir
23 * Whether to or not to backup a users homedir
24 * Wheter not or not to remove all files on the system that belongs to the user
25 * Wheter not or not to backup all files on the system that belongs to the user
26
27 There're perl-scripts that can comply all this but I was told that to become a new system package, it needs to be bash or python.
30 Christian Axelsson
31 smiler@××××××××××.nu