From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] FAQ
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 10:44:25
1 On Saturday 06 April 2002 10:27, George Shapovalov wrote:
2 > Thanks!
3 >
4 > Please post what questions you think should be included (preferably with
5 > answers :)) to this thread. I'll put them in faq.xml and commit it. You can
6 > use XML tags described here:
7 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/xml-guide.html.
8 > BTW, I just added a section on how to download sources elsewhere (on
9 > broadband) and use them on system with slow connection. It'l appear as soon
10 > as the pages are regenerated.
11 >
12 Hey George,
13
14 This one gets asked alot, definitely should be in the FAQ.
15
16 Q: make -f Makefile.cvs on a KDE app produces "invalid unused variable" errors
17 A: Export WANT_AUTOMAKE_1_4=1 for all KDE projects before running make -f
18 Makefile.cvs. Also, for KDE2 apps export WANT_AUTOCONF_2_1=1, and for KDE3
19 apps export WANT_AUTOCONF_2_5=1.
22 Dan Armak
23 Gentoo Linux developer (KDE)
24 Matan, Israel